cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI -- reporting nightmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As you all might have read few of my previous post. I finally solved the bigger puzzle i am able to transfer properties values into the template report.

But now I have another issue. Here is what I want to do : Create a report with various textual information and insert values from property tree so that it resembles a proper specification data sheet.

I am able to transfer the values but in doing so its not showing the textual information that I have typed in. Initial text or any other information just goes of the report.

Can any one provide me some sample report they have created or is there anything i am doing wrong.

thanks

Badri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Just some remarks.

Check that the text that you just type in (i.e 1. Sustance Information) is not Hidden in the Template, seems that this is your problem

If you are going to create reports in different languages or going to use the same text in different templates I suggest that you create a phrase with the text and shown it in the report template. Additionally, if you use phrases the template is easier to mantain.

Also, there are some standard reports like SDS that come with the standard system. If you need them just let me know

Regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

Thanks for the reply appreciate.

I am not sure what you meant by hidden though. I just typed the text next to the specific value for example:

This section provides details of supplier

Supplier details: <supplier field from property tree>

I am able to see the value but nothing else.

I am not using other language either just english.

I thought of using phrases but for a lengthy text its just makes it complicated.

If you can send me some example will be appreciated by id : mbodhi@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that when you type the text that you want to display (Supplier details) that in WWI the option hidden (is a bottom in MS word toolbar) is not activated.

In WWI the sybomls that you enter (i.e.EHS_MATNAM are hidden normally) so when the template is processed the symbol is replaced by, for example "Material Name Test"

I send you an standard example

Regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alberto,

Got your mail as well. Thanks again. When you talk about WWI the option hidden. is it in the pull down menu of wwi or is it just word tool bar.

Can you guide me out here by giving me a path or is it tools -> options then some where in the settings

thanks

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

It is just a word toolbar. You just press Hide so that the text is not visible (for symbol) and you Unhide for the texts that you want to display (like Supplier)

Regards,

Alberto

Answers (0)