cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug the Start routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends. I want to know

Question# 1 <b>How to Debug the Start routine . Like I want to see if My values are coming in Internal Tables or where it is getting stuck. I see a button in DTP For Debugging but what are the steps to use it and how do i can see the values in Internal table as I can debug in CMOD.</b> can u help me with the step by step.

<b>I Check Temporary storage and Break Point Tab, But it is taking me by ABAP DEBUGGER TO SOME STANDARD CODE AND NOT THE CODE THAT I WROTE IN START ROUTINE.

HOW TO SEE AND DEBUG ONLY THE CODE THAT I WROTE IN START ROUTING WHAT I NEED TO SELECT IN Temporary storage and Break Point Tab TO resolve this. please help</b>

Message was edited by:

soniya kapoor

Message was edited by:

soniya kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to check the internal table values say at a particular statement then write the statement BREAK POINT USERID(its your id) . and then start DTP with Start in debugging.. mode.. the control goes to break-point statement once you keep pressing F8 till it reaches your statement where you put break point..

OR you can go to Extras-->generated program and put break point on statement where you want ..and run the DTP with debugging on.. it shd take you there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the break Point now can u give me step 1, 2 3

i reached now the code but now i have other post to see what need to be corrected.

thanks appreciated your help

Soniya

Message was edited by:

soniya kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the value in internal Table but when I click on work area wa_itab it shows me some structure how to see the values there

Former Member
0 Kudos

just navigate to Structure ...tab.. and give wa_itab and press enter

it shd give the values of the structure..

Check the PDF..for how to debug..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b05aff76-dc5e-2a10-8da3-8a672649...

Message was edited by:

Manga Paidikondala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

In the monitor, you have to find in detail's the line in the data package. Right click with the mouse and select "Simulate update". There you can find the start routine.