cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send PO via Email to the buyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to send the PO via email to the buyer instead to send it to the vendor using transmission medium 5.

Is there any way to do this without using another partner function in the Vendor master, or without enter the email address in the PO (address Tab)?

Regards.

CD

Message was edited by:

Carlos Durazo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Do u want to send the PO to vendor & buyer or buyer only?If buyer only simply replace the email id in vendor master address field. It works.

Cheers!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala

Can you please tell me how to send the vendor THROUGH E-MAIL from PO -email address.we want to maintain in the po header and want the system to grab from the PO itself .Not from the vendor master

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The pdf attachment first comes to the user who creates PO. Then, user can send it any one (including vendor) as he wants....hope, this is clear now...

....I mentioned, we don't touch any data...System automatically sends email notification to the user who creates the PO...If earlier it used to print, that print functionality continues....In short, absolutely no one finds any change in their process and no data maintenance as well (except the ztable you will maintain once for all)...Hope, it is clear now.

(Goes to user means, it is header level)

Reward if helps! that is the only encouragement to take pain in providing solutions for complex problemsin the forum

Regards

Message was edited by:

Gopala Turaga

Message was edited by:

Gopala Turaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal.

I have the same kind of problem that in PO for print preview I have made all setting like communication method in that I have to select LP01 for print preview. But I am not able to view, the same LP01 if I use for other document I can view, could u please help.

regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Your question should not hijack Nick's posting...Please add a new thread for your issue. Provide as many details as possible that you have in your Messages Details within the PO.....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to create a user-exit to replace the vendor's email address in the PO by the buyer's email address is defined in the purchasing group code.

Thanks.

CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CD,

If I were you, I would not replace the email of PGr. Rather, buyers' user master record updated with appropriate email id which I can (did this way already) pick easily because i have user id of buyer within the PO. PGr can be used, in general, by a group of buyers so, it could lead to future problems even if I currently use one to one (pgr to buyer) relationship...i.e. When I decide to use multiple buyers under one PGr.

Good Luck..

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this issue. How can I set up the output type in MN04 for Partner function ME or MN ?

Right now I have to maintain the buyer email's address in this transaction. How can I set up this output message to automatically gets the buyer's email without entering in MN04?

CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CD and all:

First of all, looking at the details of this posting, I was a bit shocked as if you (CD) were working on the same project as mine. Anyway, I worked out a solution just recently for "Exactly" the same requirement as you explained. It is pretty simple but you will have to work modifying print program.

My requirements are -

1) I won't disturb the vendor master at any cost. Neither I change the email address of the vendor. Because the same vendor can be used across globe in multiple countries by my client.

2) I won't setup an extra out put condition record just to address this issue. But, this is very very important to my north america buyers. So, I can not rule this requirement out. In short, without changing anything in the business process and master data, I got to address it; I did it ) though

3) My client a very huge SAP client so, any change I bring in this solution should be just like a needleless injection (not sure, if this spelling is correct)

All I had was a real Gem in my team; The best ABAP programmer, some one called Ramakrishna Naidu.

He did it like this -

Print program is modified in Close_form.

In ECC 5.0 we have two function modules:

Call Function 'CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF

Call Function 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

we have print out message record already in use for most of our POs and that must continue to exist no matter we resolve this issue. So, I had created a Ztable in which I have maintained the company code, plant, P Org, User ID. For this combination, I have added another field "Send Email" ...If I select this check box, it will send PDF file to the user who is creating the PO. All our users have email ID (Lotus Notes) maintained in SU01. This is required, because, I don't want headache from other users complaining "we are receiving some PO emails in the inbox ...stop this trash". So, I addded user ID also as a key. I made it work for blank as user ID (in which case it works for all the user IDs unless exclusively I maintained with a specific user ID who doesn't want emails). Then, when system finds this entry with email to send, it simply converts the existing print spool request# into PDF file and sends email to the user. So, current hard copy print is not disturbed. No extra output condition record is required to be maintained. I can not imagine the maintenance of such data in a client project of mine. Its very huge implementation. No complaints can be heard from the users who don't need emails. We can simply exclude them via my Ztable. It works easily.

Reward points if it helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CD,

Gopalas solution sounds really good and flexible.

In my solution you would have to specify the the printer as local in MN04 (I do not know how to setup a PDF-printer directly in SAP) and they would have to set the PDF-printer as standard. When they save the PO it creates a PDF, which they can save. But they would have to switch the standard printer to create a 'real' output out of SAP.

So if you want every PO as PDF you should try his recommendation.

TZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Please read the question. I do not want to update the vendor master.

There are many buyers, so any buyer can create a PO.

Is there any other way send the PO (PDF) via email to the buyer or the person who created the PO?

CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI CD,

If you need the PO as PDF (not necessarily via email), maybe this can help you:

- install a PDF creator e.g. FreePDF (it allows you to create a PDF via print function - seperate printer)

- set this printer as standard (in SAP) or choose it in PO -> message -> com. method

- when you save the PO and you have set the output as printout, it automatically creates a PDF

regards

TZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MN04 Tcode for a particular access sequence we can add another medium to the same vendor with out any other partner function.

Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To send PO through mail we must do some config setting message output control

1)In SPROMatl managentpurchasing--message -Output control message type for PO . here we should maintain Output medium 7 for Output type NEU and partner function.

2)Maintain Buyer email in Vendor Master Data

Regards

Madasamy.R