cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error - NW2004sSR1 Dialog Instance - HELP!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm currently installing an Portal (NW2004sSR1 SPS12)dialog instance and have ran into a problem I've found very little information about.

The error given in the installation log states:

ERROR:

BatchXmlGenerator error. DIAGNOSIS: Error when generating 'BatchConfig.xml' for the batchconfigtool. See output of logfile batchXmlGen.log: 'Error occurred during initialization of VMjava.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.'

and...

ERROR:

The step runBatchconfig with step key |NW_DI|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_DI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|rinBatchconfig was executed with status error

I found one thread on SDN that mentions the error, and a note 812910, but I can't see how to apply the note, although the thread indicates it solved the problem (. I'm not seeing the updateConfigProperties.properties or the prependConfigProperties.properties files anywhere that I can think to look. Maybe it's different since it's a dialog instance?

Anyway, has anyone seen this before and can give me a hand?

I'll award points for any helpful answers.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like the generation of BatchConfig.xml requires sapinst to start a new java VM process which fails with the message:

'Error occurred during initialization of VMjava.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.'

Where is java installed?

Is JAVA_HOME and similar set for all users on the server (not just your user)?

What happens if you write java -version in a command prompt?

Cheers

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

My java is installed at /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_13.

I've set env variables as such for root, my self (since I'm sudo-ing over to root) and for my <sid>adm:

1. setenv SAPINST_JRE_HOME /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_13

2. setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_13

3. setenv PATH /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_13/bin:$PATH

4. setenv TMP /sapinst

I went in and gave 777 permissions to all directories in this path /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_13/bin, including the java command itself - made no difference; still the same error.

java version seems to work fine as root:

1. java -version

java version "1.4.2_13"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_13-b06)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_13-b06, mixed mode)

Any other ideas?

Answers (0)