cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXAMPLES OF GAP ANALYSIS & Workaround for the respective GAPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP members:

I am looking for couple of <b>GAP Analysis examples</b> which one might have come across during implementation & support projects and what was the work around for the respective <b>GAPs</b>

If any one is interested in sharing documents related to AS_IS, TO-BE & GAP Analysis for PP module, I will be thankful

email id: [email id removed]

thanks in advance

Please do not ask for documents to be sent to your email ids.

Message was edited by:

Somnath Manna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

We can't plan collabarative planning. i.e. we can't plan multiple plants in a collaborative way.

thanks and regards

san

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you be more elaborative on GAP Analysis example

If you have any documents on GAP Analysis or Business Blue prints on SAP PP, I would be thankful if you can share

email id: surenr592@gmail.com

Thanks

Suren R

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

AS-IS

you must interact closely with the super users and process owners for collecting requirements based on the Q&A db to understand their current business process like how they manufacture the parts, what steps they use for planning, production execution etc and what legacy systems or interfaces do they use and try to document all this information in the AS-IS processes either using flowcharts etc and get the sign off from the business process owners this is current business process WITHOUT SAP in place

TO-BE

This is what the business client intends to achieve in future WITH SAP implemented, so basically in this analysis, you need to identify what are the business processes that will run using SAP and how SAP will be managing thier day-to day activities and performing SAP Transactions. you also need o document it using either flowcharts and get a sign-off from the process owners as this will be the foundation based on which you will proceed further and develop your blueprint document and also start your realization activities

GAP

it is nothing but the difference between the AS-IS AND TO-BE analysis and here you identify the new changes or gaps between the business process without SAP and with SAP in place, it includes what types of configurations changes you need to make and developments and interfaces that will be needed to bridge the gap between the current state and the future state of business with SAP in place.

Examples of reports not in standard SAP, developments, application of user exits etc.., come under GAP

based on these three steps you then proceed to prepare your business blueprint document

Reward if useful and close the thread

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keerthi:

Thank you for detailed & lucid explanation on AS-IS, TO-BE & GAP ANALYSIS. I am looking for some real time documents on the above as it helps in better understanding

I would be thankful if any one can provide the same

email id: surenr592@gmail.com

thanks

Suren R