Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPK-40

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue I have is as follows: I've two plants X & Y, material M is maintianed in both plants but the demand is only in X but the supply is from plant Y. I use special procurement key 40 (stock tfr U) in plant X with proc type F(external) and in plant Y the material M is also F. Now, when I run MRP, a plnd order is created in plant X and release order in plant Y for the same negative qty. Additionally, another plnd order is created in plant Y for the same positive qty.

The business process is that the planned order in X is converted to a PO, and plant Y procures that material for this PO to be delivered directly to plant X.

The system proposal in first paragraph does not meet the business requirement. What is that I'm doing incorrectly and what are the suggestions to meet the business requirement.

This is critical, please help.

thanks

BE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same scenario.The system is correct.

The planned order in Plant Y has to be converted to Pur.Req and pur.order(to the vendor) and procure the material 'M' than transfer the material through the same intercompany pur.order ( do the goods movement 643)

Thnaks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not sure of transaction OMGN working. Please follow the following menu path under spro for " stock transport order settings ".

Materials management -->purchasing ---> purchase order ---> set up stock transport order --- click on Assign document type,onestep procedure.

where you maintain the one step setting for supply plant , plant and document type(PO) combination. also check the procurement keys in material master for plant X and Y to be " external " ( which i hope is fine ) .

These settings should be fine for the solution i answered earlier.This will work for Intercompany stock transfers.

prakash

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash & Rajesha

Thank you for your eplies, much appreciated. Since this activity is within the same company, I think I should go with Rajesha's suggestion. I'll carry out a test run and let you know the results.

thanks again

BE

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha & Prakash

Thank you guys very much. It works the way you suggested and solved my issue.

Much appreciated and thanks again...

BE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please reward with points and close which will encourage to contribute more....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

the system is correct. When you run MRP, system will create a inter plant (I hope both plant X and Y are in same company code) purchase requisition in X. Then for this requisition system system will create a external PR in Y for procurement.

Hence you need to do convert inter plant PR to PO in X and external PR to PO in Y.

Do GR(101) in Yfor external PO and then Do GI(351) in Y for inter plant PO and GR(101) in X for same inter plant PO.

Now about the physical delivery can be different i.e the external PO, vendor, in which you mention the delivery address of X, but see that when you do GR for external PO, all the steps are executed in background(i.e GI in Y and GR in X for interplant PO)to see that stock is updated.

You can even go for inter plant PO witn one step so that when you do GI in plant X for interplant PO, GR happens automatically with a setting in img.

I hope it is clear to you.

Pl note 643 mov is used if plant X and Y are in different company codes.

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha

Thank you for your reply. Can pl. tell me the img details when you say "You can even go for inter plant PO witn one step so that when you do GI in plant X for interplant PO, GR happens automatically with a setting in img".

You help is much appreciated.

thanks

BE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

In OMGN-pl do all other config and addition to that for single step PO, pl do the following

In purchase document type push button, for the combination of

supplying plant/ordering plant and the order type you need check the check box, oen-step.

I hope you have done all other configurations.

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal