cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show all views in viewset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to show all views at a time in a viewset?

And In which situation we'll have more than one Webdynpro components?

can anyone share their experience?

Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartick,

You can place three Groups in 3 views if each group presenting different kind of data.

If each group constains many no of UIElements then better to slipt into views and make use of Try control also.

For businessGraphics, You can place the Graph control in seperate view and display the view on the button click.

Regards, Anilkumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I would suggest you to use one view. And inside that make three groups and in that place your UI elements. Because each view has it's own context attributes to which you will map the properties of the UI element. If you use more than one view you might have to map these attributes across the views depending on the your requirements. So as far as possible use a single view.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jaydeep,

I am planning to have one view for 3 groups. And one view for Chart and one view for Table.And planned to put these three views in a View Container.Will it be helpful ?

Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

It all depend on your requirement. But If you tell complete scenario then may be I can help. Meantime I would suggest you to go through this link on designing user interfaces using web dynpro.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu... on designing user interfaces with web dynpro - 23.htm

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

There is nothing wrong in having three groups in three differnt views and showing them simultanously in a view set. It all depends on your requirement. We normally use viewset when we want to display more than one one view simultanously through out the application.

For displaying the Gantt chart,if you want to show this too in a separate view, you can go for a grid viewset with four cells. If you cant to show this in the same view which has the button, then you can go for any viewset with three cells.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Thankyou for your answer.

And If I have one screen which is having 3 groups(UI elements) can I put these groups in a seperate views. and put all these views in a single viewset.Is it good practice?And in the same screen I have one button on click of that button I have to show the Gantt chart , for this which is the best way to create views and viewset.

suggestions will be appreciated.

Thankx again,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

1) Viewset is exactly for the purpose of showing more than one view in a single page. But if you are asking if all the views embedded into a single cell of a viewset can be shown simultanously, it is not possible. Only one view will be shown in a cell at a time.

2) You normally use different components when you want to modularise your application, exposing only the required part of a module to other modules.

Best Regards,

Nibu.