cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting of Excel worksheet While using Export to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to format the workbook according to the user needs while the user clicks "Export to Excel" in the webpage of Web template.

The major problem is with the hierarchy.. when exporting, the hierarchy nodes have triangular symbols.. is there any way to remove them??

What can i do, so that i can make changes to the default export format of the workbook, while exporting it??

Any helpful suggession will be appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all that you want to do is remove the hierarchy graphics from Excel, you may be able to use the option in Excel Tools->Options->General->Web Options and unselect the box for 'Load pictures from web pages not created in Excel.'

This will only work if the generated .xls fine is actually an html/xml encoded file (which it should be if generated by BW since it doesn't created 'real' .xls binaries.

Mark.

Bildermann Group Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, Your solution worked for triangles. But is there a way we can take out ' Collapse Hierarchy Node' and Expand Hierarchy node. We get this when we download the HTML page to export to excel. This happens only when we use Hierarchy to export to a excel sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for the response.. however this is not the full solution of my problem..

Now, if i execute the same query in the BEx explorer analyzzer, then even this setting does not work... it shows traingles.. wht oue intention is to use Excel grouping function, so that the user will have better navigation in hierarchy..

so is there any way to do this? we need to other formatting of the output.. is it possible that we can change the standard query ouput in excel??

Looking ahead for your response..

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.