cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated Shipment and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a very important problem.

I just get an order from a customer for for x items for plant A and Plant A does not make them and Plant B makes them now we want to issue a PO for Plant B and once we get the items from Plant B we want to do a goods receipt and then inter company billing, now is this possible because when I do a PO it says delivery type does not match for document type NB and when I do a UB it works out, now I understand why this works but I want to know is there a way to generate a PO for Plant B and do a goods receipt when material comes in from Plant B.

Its very urgent...

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the details you provided, it appears that for plant B to Plant A, you currently have a STO setup but with a delivery type NL. If you have these two plants under different company codes, it must be NLCC. Change this config everything works fine. Don't be surprised that your item category U will be elemenated by this process but it is correct. U should be used for for plant to plant transfer with in a company code. If plants are from two different company codes, it must be equivalent to a Purchase from an external vendor. This process now will allow you to create an intercompany PO, SD delivery, PGI, Billing etc all that you wanted. Reward points if you are satisfied!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal, can you please tell me where to do this setting...thats all I need where do I change it...

Thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal, can you please tell me what are the settings needed in Tab: assign delivery type and checking rule. Because there is no entry there right now.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, in the same place of config as you mentioned, make a new entry.

SPRO>Materials Management> Purchasing>Purchase Order>Set up Stock Transport Order-->Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule

In this detail screen, enter your PO order type, Supplying Plant,Delivery type (NLCC), Checking Rule (synonymous with other entries).

Then Go to the next step of config: Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance

In this, maintain Supplying plant, Receiving Plant and Document Type of PO.

It works. Don't forget to Reward points

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopala, I have done the configuration part of it all thanks to you. Now My question is after I do a Me21N can I do a goods Issue in the other plant and a goods receipt here or is there some thing else I should do?? I mean any more steps involved because SD needs to do intercompany billing after this

Thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Yes, you can process Delivery Note in sending plant using VL10B. Once DN# is created, process picking (TO if required via WM), Packing (optional), Goods Issue in VL02n. Then process Billing in sending plant via VF01. This billing goes to receiving plant from sending plant. processing GR at receiving plant can be made optional (but possible...depends upon the Account Assignment category). Against the billing document, receiving plant can process MIRO for invoice. Receiving plant will process Billing to customer for the sales order. Receiving plant will process AR from customer and AP to supplying plant. Supplying plant completes AR to close the cycle. Hope, this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopala, my problem is solved. I like to ask you another question the material group in the material master data is a must when I select the purchasing view. I cannot remove it. my company does not use it and wont mind filling the feild with standard group. I like to know what is the driving force behind this material group what does it control why is it a mandatory when I select a purchasing view. My manager wants to know...could you please help me out ...

I will reward you points in both the threads that you have answered me...so that you could answer this question in the same thread.

Thank you