Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD01 - limit customer master create fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently limited access to XD02 to change the customer master. I used the IMG to maintain the configuration of certain fields but when they create a customer using XD01, we are seeing the following:

With XD01, user can create a new customer without reference but the user has access to both payment terms fields and shouldn't.

Fields that have been limited: company code (KNB1-ZTERM) and sales view (KNVV-ZTERM)

Is there a way to limit this access in XD01? I performed a trace but object F_KNA1_AEN was not checked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carly

If I recall correctly F_KNA1_AEN only applies to changing a master record rather than creating it.

Maybe you need an alternative control such as management review of new materials.

If you want to prevent <i>everyone</i> from entering those fields during creation of the master record, you could look into creating a screen variant for MM01 via tx SHD0

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carly

If I recall correctly F_KNA1_AEN only applies to changing a master record rather than creating it.

Maybe you need an alternative control such as management review of new materials.

If you want to prevent <i>everyone</i> from entering those fields during creation of the master record, you could look into creating a screen variant for MM01 via tx SHD0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carly,

Odd... Why should they not be able to see the payment terms? Creating a customer without payment terms would equate to an interest free loan

To my knowledge, F_KNA1_AEN is for changes (XD02) to the finance views of the customer master record. I am not sure whether you can use it for the SD views.

In principle, you can define the screen layouts for customer creation in customizing, and define the mandatory fields, optional fields and even suppress some fields.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

We are wanting to split up access so accounting can only change those two fields and sales can create/change a customer without maintaining those two fields. It works appropriately for changing in XD02 but when creating a customer, I am unable to limit them.

0 Kudos

As Alex also pointed out, the *_AEN objects are controls for changes - that it is not working seems to support this.

I am not logged on (and even if, then I cannot create customers but it might be worth a try to make the fields mandatory for creation of the customer from FD01 and play around with the F_KNA1_APP authorizations (or other KNA1 object) of the XD01 users so that they can create SD customers, but payment terms are unknown until the customer is created on the FI side as well, at which time the F_KNA1_AEN can take control back again.

But that is just an idea...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

F_KNA1_AEN as stated is only related to changes.

You may want to consider to change the set up in the customizing

for the corresponding transactions.

In the IMG you can define the screenlayout for some transactions as e.g. XD01,

another restriction set up is available for account groups or company codes.

There you can decide whether a field may be optional/display/mandatory/hidden.

While interacting the highest priority is "hiding", then "display",

"mandatory", and finally "optional".

The set up is part of the table T078D [entries look a bit cryptic the first time].