cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP fox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I hope to get some clues on whether a requirement can be met by IP.

The requirement is to call planning function A when condition A is met and call instead planning function B when condition B is the case.

Both functions are similar and different only in the characteristic values used depending on which condition is met. I was thinking of using Variable characteristic values since the function is to run based on multiple possible characteristic values such as characteristic values that define which dataset to operate on at runtime .

Please advise if fox can call a function and supply it with certain variable values that are known only at runtime. There is a BPS function module for this but not sure does the same exist for IP.

Best regards

Pointez Rexiproca

Message was edited by: syntax corrected.

pointes rexiproca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the characterstics in the planning level then.

just do this following way in FOX:

FOREACH <UR CHARACTERSTICS> AND OTHER CHARACTERSTICS U MAY TAKE

IF <UR CHARACTERSTICS> = 'A'.

U R LOGIC.....

ELSE IF <UR CHARACTERSTICS> = 'B'.

U R LOGIC....

ENDIF.

ENDFOR.

Thanks,

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is when I use fox to call planning sequence, the system dumps, saying 'release plan buffer'.

Can someone confirm for me that fox can be called, via both planning sequence and planning function, to run a planning sequence ??

Also, why is it that I also get dumps when I use a button to call a sequence that is made of a fox function that calls a planning sequence within a fox?

Can condition be used in fox to run either of 2 planning sequences ? if so, is it only possible via function module call?

regards

Pointez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain what do you mean by - "<b>when I use fox to call planning sequence</b>"?

Do you mean there is a statement in FOX which can call another planning sequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anyone say that planning sequence cannot be called by fox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's a first for me, haven't seen a statement by which we can call planning sequences from FOX.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what I initially said... You cannot call planning sequence using a statement in FOX; thats why I asked you to implement the whole logic (including conditions) in FOX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Could you share the codes please.

thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have noticed (but not used it myself) a statement in the IP FOX that reads "call function". Would this be a way of calling a planning function/sequence from within a FOX?

Regards,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

This statement is not used to call planning functions but ABAP function modules.

Hope this clarifies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maynak,

Indeed it does. There doesn't seem to be any documentation though?

Regards,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may call a function module which calls a process chain which calls the planning sequence. So yes, you may call a planning seq from a fox

Aki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you not implement both the logics (A and B) in the same Fox code and put the branching (based on condition) also in the FOX code itself?