cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice affecting stock. Hey Suda!

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we put an invoice for a domestic purchase order onto SAP it automatically updates the stock, when the stock hasnt arrived yet. This leads to warehouse picks being made for stock which doesnt exist. We want to be able to post an invoice and then adjust stock when necessary.

Can you help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could manage this with an A/P Reserve Invoice instead of the A/P invoice.

It does not involve stock transaction, and you would make a Goods Receipt based upon it when the items arrives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Istvan that's brilliant! i seem to have lost the option to award you points, but i will keep trying.

i think reserve invoicing is more suitable than creating a transit warehouse.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Groovy,

Where do you want to specify these options

1 stock already ready for our customers

2 stock due to arrive in warehouse

3 stock going straight to customer

I would suggest you create a different Warehouse (may be <b>On Transit</b>) and create the A/P Invoice and change the WH to <b>On Transit</b>.

When the Items actually arrive do a Goods Transfer from On Transit Warehouse to '01' or Main Warehouse.

This way people would know that the Item is not in stock yet as it is still in <b>On Transit Warehouse</b>.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok this appears to be the universally accepted answer.

What we're left with however, is a problem on the 'List of Items' screen (tabbed from item no.).

The third of these fields is 'In Stock'. If we allocate 100 units of an item to a new Transit/On the Water warehouse, it is still included in the stock figure of 100 as the system thinks it is in a warehouse.

Can we break this down on that screen, to say 5 in Centaur (our warehouse) and 100 in Transit?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Groovy,

Couple of questions,

What are you buying through the domestic purchase order and Why is the AP Invoice being created even before the stock is received?

If you could explain me the process a bit I could probably suggest other options.

In the meanwhile there are two options to Post an Invoice that does not affect stock.

Create the AP Invoice and change the Warehouse to a DropShip Warehouse

Or

Create a Service type AP Invoice and later create a Inventory > Goods Receipt

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Suda. we are ordering our normal gift stock (mugs, clocks etc) which just happens to be coming into our local warehouse instead of going FOB straight to the customer.

we know there is the option to use the Drop Ship warehouse, but we want to be able to tell the system that the stock is coming to our warehouse. as one of 3 options:

1 stock already ready for our customers

2 stock due to arrive in warehouse

3 stock going straight to customer

of course when you make a service order it doesnt have the same multiple choice fields which we need.