cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question

Object A transaction data is coming from Table B how to find from what table master data comes for Object A because there is no sap master data datasource

for it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this a planning or consolidation object, sometimes master data is synchrinized from the objects directly and not loaded.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no master data datasource, that means that the master data is not being loaded from this system. Are you looking to create a datasource to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Transaction data is failing because of no SID for that object.

Can I uncheck master data check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone how to know if at all master data exists for that object in R/3

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should do that (in the infopackage) and try the load again.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is that advisable to laod transaction wihtout the master.

How are this issues tackled in general.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is advised to load the master data before the transactional data as the SIDs for the char will be generated and ready to use at the time of transactional data loading. If you have your Infopackage with the check on for loading if only master data exists, then the load will fail if there is no master data. Usually we do not set this check and like to load irrespsective of if master data is present or not.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I was reading SDN everyone was suggesting to check that

Anywas how to know if at all master data exists for that object in R/3 can I ask R/3 folks.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can ask R/3 folks. Or if you know the tables (or can find them from help.sap.com) you can look them up yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if that setting is already made in the infopack, there must be a reason behind it - as usually thats never checked unless the data model is such a way that you can only have transactional data for the values that are already present in BI, if it doesnt than the load should fail. So if I were you, I would talk to the business owner before I remove the flag from the infopack.

Load the masterdata before you trigger the transactional load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all possible searces in Rep, Help, RSA5 .

Can you help it is 0Username I found 0BP_UNAME_ORGUNIT_ATTR it is loading 0BPartner and dont know if it is that.

Text is 0CSM_USER_TEXT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for all your answers.

Infopackage option will be changed to Update even if there is no Master.