cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Life Cycle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one exlpain me - SAP Web Service Life Cycle?

When BPEL is used in its life cycle?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thota

Message was edited by:

Abhishek Thota

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note Web Service is a Technology enabling SOA. Are you asking about SOA service life cycle?

If YES, it should be well defined outside a product centric fashion. In a general, following are the SIX life cycle phase of a Service.

1. Plan

2. Analysis

3. Desing

4 Build

5. Test

6. Maintain

BPEL is a framework build around statefull service or process centric service, in another word, BPEL enabled service represent process category services in SOA service Taxonomy.

Web Service is just a technology providing implementation facilties for SOA service. Actually a SOA service is characterised by SERVICE principles such as

Service Orientation, Interoperability, Standard Complaince, Resuability, Granurality, Loose Coupling, Service centric design, Document Oriented Service messages, Clean Separation of Concern, Mediated Interactions, etc.

Once you have a disign based on such principles, u can do the service using Web Service Technologies.

Thanks

Shaji Nair

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ramneek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am assuming that the term SAP Web Service mentioned above actually refers to SAP Enterprise Services. Every Enterprise Service has the following three phases:

1. Provisioning

2. Discovery

3. Consumption

Again I am assuming that the term life cycle used above refers to the life cycle of provisioning an Enterprise Service. SAP has defined a process for the definition and creation of an Enterprise Service. This is called the Process Integration Content (PIC) governance process. There are 5 stages defined in the process:

1. PIC 0 – Service definition

2. PIC 1 – Raw design of interfaces and business object model

3. GDT-PIC – Review

4. PIC 3 – Final interface definition

5. Implementation

BPEL and other high level languages like WS-CDL and WS-Coordination are used to take the concept of consuming services to the next level. These provide a mechanism to orchestrate services from multiple sources into more meaningful business services and processes, which can be used in implementing composite applications or portals. These are more to do with the consumption of the services than provisioning.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Ramneek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramneek,

Thanks alot, really helpfull answer.

After consumption of a Enterprise Service, what are ongoing tasks(example performance monitoring) need to be performed during the maintanance.

Regards,

Thota

Message was edited by:

Abhishek Thota

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos