cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP problem in making a Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am a student and we have here an assignment of making a sales order in SAP R/3. To help us out in better understanding SAP, our professor has provided a pdf document wherein directions about creating the Sales order are given. Even after following the steps I am unable to make the sales order & getting an error as"process sales document type IN with transaction VA11". Can anybody tell me what mistake I have made and how I can rectify that?

I will be very thankful to you for your reply in helping me out.

Thank you,

Harshad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction what u are using is "create inquiry" and hence it says use the doucment type IN (for Inquiry type tab-- first input field in the transaction VA11)which is for inquiry.if your going to create a sales order with out inquiry or the quotation then u can directly use the transaction VA01. where u can create a sale order. there u need to give the order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you go -

Every sales order works with the first and foremost data input in its "Create transaction" VA01 - Order Type. The order type is the heart for the Sales Docuemnt. In its configuration, we indicate what the document category is - meaning whether its a sales order or inquiry or quotation etc. In your case, you pickedup an order type IN; IN in standard SAP is Inquiry. So, if you attempt to create a sales order using VA01 and key in order type as IN, it fails to proceed further as the document category is not order. So, it is giving you error saying use in in VA11. Now, change the order type to OR or something similar whichever is configured in your system for sales order creation.

Good luck. Reward points if it helps!

Regards