cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Mobile IDs related with concrete device...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am still concerned regarding the count of Mobile IDs related to a single device.

A bit of background.. Device Name and GUID are created for a device on first synchronisation.. It is OK as well. When I use merep_pd and then go to Device tab, I can search for the GUID of the device->double click->getting a list of Mobile IDs created for it..

1) I thought the number of Mobile IDs is equal to the number of the applications installed on the device(Mobile ID=device iduser idapplication id ..?)..

However this seems to be not the truth..

2) Some of the Mobile ID entries do not have user specified in the description column

e.g. "0000000430 1 Crtd: 20071101 Time: 122436 User: "

Will appreciate if someone shed some light on these.. Thanks folks!

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your explanation.

However, I've observed that a Mobile ID is created for every item including device configuration as well, is it intended..?

Anyway, another question I have in mind.. are described somewhere the multi-user usages of devices running MI clients and some how-to (if available..)

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

Well the blank user that you see in here is nothing but the SHARED user. MI server generates a minimum of 2 mobile ids for every given application - 1 for the actual user using the application and 1 for the SHARED user. This is required just in case you choose to share your application data among several users on the client. Hence the number of mobile ids generated will be equal to twice the number of applications installed(MOBILEENGINE_JSP, which is a framework application is also included).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar