cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Using Procedure In Sender JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I executed a Procedure in Informix DB to started a process. This Procedure has the following return parameters:

RETURNING INTEGER,

DATETIME YEAR TO MONTH,

CHAR(4),

CHAR(10),

DECIMAL(5,2),

SMALLINT,

DECIMAL(5,2),

CHAR(1),

CHAR(1);

My problem is in Inbound Message Payload that received the following error message, because it can´t use "(" as tag definition:

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/e046515/Configur...

<(expression)>13813020</(expression)>

The DBA guy said that to name the return parameter, he needs apply some Java Patch... but he can´t do this now and we don´t have time to wait for.

Does anyone knows another way to solve this problem?

Regards

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where you are getting this Error??

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For currect messag that is coming on XI...form DB..

Go to RWB-ComponentMonitoring->Adapter Engine->Communication Channel Monitoring.

Then check the Input Message from there.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

I already do this check and I can´t see the message content from there. It´s showing the same error. I think that the procedure is returning the parameters with no names and by default it put the therm (expression) on it. Any idea?

Thanks

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo !

I don't understad your problem. You have a JDBC sender adapter to execute a stored procedure in an Informix DB. In your post, you gave the list of data types returned (there are no field names).

Whare are the data type for outbound (JDBC) and inbound (??)

Where does the <(expression)> comes from?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Whare are the data type for outbound (JDBC) and inbound (??)

All design objects and configuration steps are done. My data type is

Where does the <(expression)> comes from?

That is my problem, it comes from procedure that named the fields with (expression), and I can´t use "(" as caracter.

Thanks

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo !

Just to check if the problem is really the "(expression)" syntax, try to create a wrapper stored procedure, that receives the expected arguments and returns a slightly modified answer without the "(" and ")" in the name of the "expression" field (internally it just calls the original stored procedure, but tweaks the result). Just to test, you also can avoid that field and see if everything else is working properly.

Regards,

Matias.