Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advise on Netweaver!

former_member1361784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working as ABAPer, I am want to learn/update Netweaver, could u plz tell is it right decision to learn Netweaver Adminstration? . I have knowledge of JAVA also.

Please suggest right technology for my future career.

Thanks in advance.

Vishnu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Work on solution manager and PORTAL. They future future super hit products.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

interesting question.I had the same doubt abt 1 year back.

to explain you, dont think abt any tools which are there in market right now.

First be clear abt basics like Basis or Java.If you want to persue a career in Admin side then go for Netweaver admin side or if u r interested in dev , then plan accorindingly.But never think abt the tools that have craze in the market at this point of time.

By the time u learn it you will find a new tool coming in to the market.

So simply , If u want to be admin, first learn Basis parts and then learn abt Netweaver admin as u r familiar with Java.Dont waste your valuable time for taking a decision.

hope it is clear for u now..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishnu:

There is no simple answer to your question. NetWeaver primarily consists of Business Intellience 7, Process Integration 7 and Enterprise Portal 7.

One question you have to ask is if you want to be an Administrator (kinda like Basis) or whether you want to do Configuration.

If you like configuration, then you can focus on both Solution Manager or Process Integration.

They will both play an integral role for SAP over the next few years.

I would suggest that look at Process Integration. I feel that it will offer you the right mix of administration and configuration.

Award points if you like this answer!