cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Queries - Changes not updating with transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm on 2004s and when I transport queries the changes made do not get updated in the QA system. The transports as such do not give any errors and I have tried importing in overwrite mode and overwrite mode without confirmation.

When I rename the query and transport it (as a new query) the new query works just fine.

Has anyone faced this problem? If so please advise on how I can correct this.

Thanks in Advance.

Sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

You renamed the query: Just the description or did a save as and created a new query with a new technical name? If the latter, then this would be in $TMP...did you collect it in your transport request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thanks for answering. for the new query i renamed only the technical name and kept the description the same. But the problem is not with the new queries.

For an old query which is already in the QA box and if any changes (variable selections, new free chars) are made in the Dev system and transported the changes do not reflect in the QA system.

Thanks

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info:

Also i save the new queries to the transport package and not the $TMP. The old queries are also saved to the transport package and collected in the transport organizer along with the role.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaging technical name would amount to a new query...

also please give your SP levels...

Check if there are any query elements transferred when you send the transport to QA...

Also check the current version of the query versus the transport request number...

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun thanks for answering,

The SP level is

SAP_ABA 700 0012

SAP_BASIS 700 0012

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0012

SAP_BW 700 0013

I'm new to BW so do not really know how to perform line 2 & 3. Could you please elaborate.

Thanks

Sid