cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields in Aggregation Levels - Urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I created a basic cube and so as with same structure a Plan Cube. Now also I buit a Multiprovider on top of these 2 cubes.

Now in Planning Modeller, Iam creating Aggregate Levels, Filters.

Say for Ex, I need to report upon Customer by Customer Group Sales figures, and also Customer by Material Group / Material Sales Revenues.

I have say Customer Group, Customer, Profit Center Hierarchy, Material, Material Group, Company Code, Sales Organization fileds available in both Cubes.

I figured out from the req "Customer as my lowest Granularity",

Now Questions are,

1. What fields I need to put in Aggregation Level. When I ask this I mean, " Shall I suppose to keep only those fileds of lowest Granularity ( Here Customer) or else I can still include all fields(Cust Group, Profit center Hierarchy and other Fields also) above the lowest Granularity (Customer),

2. What happens if I includes all fields I have into Aggregate Level and I use in the Input Queries what ever fields I want to report upon. To be more clear on this say here cant I build my Input Query on Customer Group, though I have a choice to plan till Customer?

3. If we want different levels, say here for ex if we want to report on Customer Group I need to go for one AggregateLevel,

Customer - Different Aggregate Level.

Company Code - Different Aggregate Level?

I am confused in including the filelds inside an Aggregae Level. I really appreciate some ones help on this.

Thanks in advance and waiting eagerly for your quick helpful inputs. Points shall be assigned promptly.

Regards,

BI_BPS_IP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating an aggregation level, you should include only those characteristics which are relevant for the planning methods/layouts, you want to implement in that level. Other chars will not be accessed in this level and will be blank in the records created from this level.

If you include all the fields in the aggregation level, to be able to make input ready queries on this level, you will have to restrict all these chars in the query (input query only allows input at lowest granularity).

Once you are able to see what characteristics are required for each planning, you can decide whether they can be created on the same aggregation level (same characteristics) or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An Aggregation Level is a selection of Charateristics and Key Figures from the Real time or Multi Cube, which you use as your basis. Please be clear that you can create as many as aggregation levels possible.

1) What fileds you need to have on aggregation level is a choice which depends on business requirement . So kindly clarify what is required

2)What happens if I includes all fields I have into Aggregate Level and I use in the Input Queries what ever fields I want to report upon. To be more clear on this say here cant I build my Input Query on Customer Group, though I have a choice to plan till Customer --

It will not have any impact except the load time of the query would be more if u have more unwanted or unused characteristics.

3) As said in point 1 you can create an aggregation level for customer and one for company code and combine them to use in a planning sequence.

Hope this helps

Raja