Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel operation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks ,

I need some clarification here :

I have two m/c say A and B , these M/c are parallel to each other .

Machine A process 1 piece in 1 Hour .

Machine B process 1 piece in 1 Hour .

now i have a order qty of : 2 Pieces , this i can process on m/c A and B , 1 each simutaneously . That is if say these m/c starts at 7:00:00 will finish the order Qty 2 at 8:00:00 clk . if we do scheduling in routing operation overview --> extra --> scheduling .

it is scheduling m/c A from 7:00:00 clk to 9:00:00 clk and same for the parallel operation B

rom 7:00:00 clk to 9:00:00 clk . I have tried with indicator Required Splitting and No of splits also . But unable to get the proper scheduling result , Plz guide for the same .

Rgds ,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many muners of solits are there that many no of indivisula capacity should be present...then only systems consideres scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to elaborate on Nandhas response, you need to have individual capacities =2 on your work center for that operation. Also make sure your scheduling basis is Machine capacity, scheduling formula uses machine standards on the work center, it should work.

Anup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to give the no.of individual capacities as 2.

Regards,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

ind capacities can be splitted that is fine .

but in the concept of parallel sequence the system should the split the quntity or not ?

if Not what is the concept behind the same .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parallel sequence serves a different purpose, where you can say that more than operations can be performed in parallel on the material / assembly. This helps in replication of actual time vis-a-vis Prod Order scheduling.

An example where you would use parallel sequences is say you have an assembly which involves 2 parts right hand and left hand (or male /female etc) . You have to perform couple of different operations on both before you tie them togather. You would then say op 10 ( for right hand part) parallel to op 20 (for left hand part) then op 30, 40..... in standard sequence.

This scenario is different from what you are asking where you have two machines which do exactly same job and you want to ustilize both to split your order quantity to do SAME operation.

In parallel sequences you perform different operations (atleast the operation number differs).

Anup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

To split the capacity requirement, there should be that many number of respurce, then only system will understand that spliting is to be taken into accont.

Hence how many number of splits are there that many indivisula capacities to be there so that shoudling is perfect as you thought of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you r looking can be addressed by operation split.

You make ur machine as one work center and but no,. of individual capacity as 2.

you schd. results will be as desired.