Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Solution Manager Security

I have joined implementation project team which is in the project preparation phase and will be going to blueprinting stage soon.

Project Manager and few consultants are one site. My role is to assign appropriate authorizations(for now in Solution Manager) to project team members and possibly liaise with Project managers and resolving issues raised by technical and functional consultants in this respect.

We have a solution manager 4.0 and development systems configured as raw systems by hosting company, and to begin with, clients and users were already created and assigned some SAP delivered authorizations.

Beginning with Solution Manager, I have to reorganize the roles of the project members and liaise with Project Management to assign correct roles.

Sofar, I did not get much input from the project manager about the roles, but, I would like to kick of in this front, but not sure where to begin with (this is my first project working at this stage). I have gone through the “Roles and Authorizations” part in the Solution manager (sp12) configuration guide from service market place and gained some familiarity with roles in general.

I came to this site about a week ago, and for now I understood the landscape and attended few meetings etc, so making few plans to progress the project in best possible way.

How much awareness will the project manager will have in terms of authorizations. Of course I can assign them and perform the tasks related to that technically. But, Am right in thinking they will not have specific awareness related what are the roles that may exist (technical aspect)? If so, what is the best approach to start taking requirements in terms of solution manager security?, what kind of information should I actually expect ? or to begin with properly, should I go to him myself with the list of available roles and ask them to pick ?

Please advice…

My question is more of communication issue rather than technical ..

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question