Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message in field exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'd the requirement of giving a warning message for transaction VA01 if user enters some specific order type.

So I'd created a field exit for AUART for this screen. But i am able to give error message only and found out that warning & info messages can't be given in a field exit.

Please help me out. Is there any way I can give a warning message in field exit or suggest some other sol. for it.

Thanks,

Manu

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't use the warning message in the field exit.

So, I would suggest you to use the one of the available user exists. You can find them in the MV45AFZZ. According to your field you can use one of the USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO* performs.

Like: if you want to trigger the message for the field on the item screen (VBAP), you can use the USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not give warning messages in the field exits. But rather you can try using some function module popup_to_confirm or some other popup function module to give the message.

Reward if it is useful.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks f or your answers, but the issue is that i need to give this message as User enters the details on VA01 screen & presses enters.SO i can't use user exit like move_field_to_Vbak & others.

Also, using a FM to give pop up message will ultimately make use of statement CALL SCREEN which is not allowed in field exit, i also tried FMs which displays messages normally means not in pop up screen, but again through it also i can only give error messages.

Please suggets if there is any other option.

Thanks,

Manu Parihar