cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Grade Types & Areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapients,

I have one doubt, i.e, what is the use of Pay grade types & areas, is it similar to Payscale Groups & Levels.

Could you please help me.

Regards,Pavani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no clear distinction between these two. Its more dependent on which modules you want to implement in HR. Both are same. But Pay grade (types, area, level etc) is used in the Pay structure ie T710cl where as the Pay Scale (area, types, groups, levels etc) are maintained in T510N (For annual salaries i.e. what you see in IT0008 – PA side)

If you want to implement Compensation Management you have to configure the T710CL table but If you don’t want to implement Comp module but you do want to go for PA/OM modules you have to configure the T510N table (i.e. Pay scale groups, types etc) to be able to default in IT0008.

Reward points if this helps

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Payscale Type refers the industry the employee belongs to . Eg Software industry

Payscale Area determines the Area he belongs to. This ultimately determines his pay structure.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per SAP Help: Pay scale types and pay grade types are stored in the same table(T510A). You can either use the same distinctions for your pay grade types as you do for your pay scale types or you can define your own pay grade types.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

All the four temrs are differ and it's own meaning.

Pay scale Type : Is for collective Agreement that would be one company wise i..e metal industries, Pharma industries etc.

Pay scale Area : Is used to differentiate Area based on perticular wagtype behave differs or same.

Pay scale grp : is nothing but pay grade

Pay scale level : is further bifurcation of pay scale grp.

Thanks,

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both are same.

>>

Thanks,

Vasu.