Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

we have about 200 Workbench & Customizing transports. i want to consolidate the Workbench into one & Customizing into one transport.

so i will end-up with 2 transports.

is this possible ??? i tried it with a few... but it didnt work... although individually importing them worked... when i created a consolidated on using about 10 transports, the consolidated one failed.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction Se03

Choose: Transport organizer tool -> Requests/tasks -> Merge Object lists

0 Kudos

By using this method i need to keep the same order we need to import...cos we dont just use the tr no order....

sometimes... order might be

TR 1,3,2,4,5,7,6

not not

TR 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

0 Kudos

one method i tried was to create a TR and add the other TR's into that new TR.. but this didn't work... cos i think it sorted the TR's by TR no & we want it to be imported in another order as described in my prev reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE80 => right Click On the object Name =>other functions=>transport request.

give description and save it under a common trans req.

like wise create everything in the same trans request..

then transport if error persist still..

go to action log.. check the particular program where error occurs..

make the modification save as a different transp req. .... transport once again...

by this way u can solve the problem..

hope this helps u..

Regards

Jgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

the error may be due to the reorder of ur request also. so put them in exact order of how u create it..

it is not needed to create request inside another request...

save everything under a common type so that all object may set activated at a time.

iex: if u transport a request contain variable declaration and then code related to that variable will work.. whereas the reverse case will throw error so its better to maintain sequence always

reward points if useful

regards

jgds

0 Kudos

so i should use se03 & merge the TR ?

would it be possible to contact u via skype or yahoo... etc ???

if its no trouble

Former Member
0 Kudos

consolidated using SE03