cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM Basic question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

i'm new to PLM and have some few quick questions for experts ...Pls do not give me SAP URL link to PLM which i already have....appreciate if you could give your hands-on real experienced/expert comments....

1> is PLM for software products or physical products like say car or any product?

2> has any one used successfully for software products (SAP and non-SAP technologies) ? Can we manage all phases of typical software development lifecycle phases (design, develop, test and deploy) ? does it have inbuilt reports to track project activities, document management stuff etc.....

3> does it come with normal ECC6 or add-on (to be installed separately) ?

4> is it out-of-box web based solution or good-old R/3 look&feel and can be confiured with portal?

appreciate if some one shares their experiences with this product....

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi kasu,

This is really very good and basic question..

1..PLM is basicaly products(physical) but now a days it can be used for developement of software products also. we can map the software develo[pement process through PLM.so it not dedicate to Physical products only.PLM has project and program managent module.

2...many software companies are using it for managing their projects and software products.. we can manage the phases of software projects.It provides various kinds of reports. we can customise reports also.

It has cproject suite which is used for project management. which manges projects phase wise. we can mange the project documents in cfolder or DMS.

3..cproject is web based application .It can be used standalone or with ECC 6.

It can be used in CRM platform.

4.it is portal based application.It has integration with SAP r/3 system.

Regards

shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

shivshankar

thanks for quick reply.... regarding cproject suite, i assume following functionalities aswell for both SAP Projects and non-SAP projects...kindly clarify

1> source code versioning (obviously for non-SAP technology software)

2> can we buy cpoject suite as an independent application with out R/3 plugin/integration?

3> what are advantages of being integrated with R/3 ?

4> could you provide me any links detailing CPROJECT SUTIE functionality pls....

can you provide me any online DEMO link show-casing the tool for software product lifecycle mgmgt pls...i found a PPT in SDN which has a link to demo but is disabled....

thanks

Message was edited by:

Kasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Send me your Email id, I can send you some usefull documents

Regards,

Murali.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

kasu_78@yahoo.com

Thanks Fapreeth

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Kasu,

I have following answer for you..

1. source code versions and generally maintained by vss,cvs. in sap you can use cfolder as content server it supports versions and DMS is also available which has functionality of version management, authorisation.it has functionality of change notification also mail will be triggered to concerned recipient.

2. you can buy cproject suite as it can function independent of r/3.

3. advantages of integrating with r/3 is. you can use more functionality.

cproject has integration with accounting, fi-co, sd, dms,SRM etc. so that you can do better project management as you can monitor, cost, plan, authorization, knowledge management, collaboration with global team and customer.

4. yes i will send you the some docs.

Regards

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks shivshankar...... i got a clear picture of this product......pls send me the docs......

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

... Please guide..... how to set Alfanumeric Number range in DMS, when system is allowing only numeric number range...

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the ways of doing it by External number range. For example, define number range from ABC000 to ABC100. Assign this number range to document type in DC10. Create document with this document type by giving number in the range of ABC000 - ABC100.

Award points if useful

Regards,

G.Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fapreeth/ Murali / Kasu,

I also needed the same document ,can you please send me to syedmba@gmail.com.

Thanks & was useful info.

Regards'

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fapreeth/ Murali / Kasu,

Please send me some docs regarding cprojetc suite

gollapalli.subash@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for your help

-Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.PLM Means Product Life Cycle Management

PLM Application is used for Product related information management

Answer to your Question is PLM is for Product Development of any kind, But the concept differs for Physical product & Software product

2.Even MS Project can also be used for PLM

3. i think it come normally with ECC6

4.Answer to your 4 question is "Both solution are there"

For example in Engineering change management it can be done with R/3 and it can also be web based

Collobrative management is purely web based