cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate manual input for planning purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After understanding how to incorporate a planning function in Analyser, I have another question,

-Where do we write the code needed to validate the manually entered key figures as the requirement is user needs to see an error message until he enters a valid value. I am a bit confused on where to write such as in formula(from planning function), or in exit class....

Please remember that I will be using Analyser for the users to enter the values manually.

Your help is much appreciated and points will be awarded

Regards

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain what validation you need to do on the KF values the user will enter?

As such, for most operations on KFs, FOX suffices; exits are not needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again thank you very much for your continued support on sdn.

My requirement is 'credit for specific year - debits for the same year should be zero'. If not, user should get an error message. This is just a basic requirement that my lead has asked me to do so that we can show it to the users.

If your answer is 'Fox', where do we write this code(i mean can we write in formula option of planning function or ...?). I am sorry as I am not very technical.

Regards

Shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its okay. You will have to learn

And yes, you are correct. You have to create a function of type Formula where you write the FOX code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. Thank you very much

Answers (0)