cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a planning function to the input ready query

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am quite new to Integrated planning. I have created a planning function (repost) in IP modeler. I have created a workbook which enabled input ready query(which is working fine). Now my issue is how to link the created planning function(repost) in the workbook.

1) Can we do this through BEx. If yes, kindly let me know the 'how' process

2)I am to write a code that validates the key figures. Please let me know if once code is writted, can I call this code(formula) from the BEx.

Points will be awarded and your help is much appreciated

Regards

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayank. Thats exactly what I want. Full points were not assigned(though i want to) just because its marking my question as answered. May be this is not the way to use sdn. I am sorry.

Regarding my second question, if I write a formula(in IP's modeler- planning function tab) to validate key figures, will it be sufficient to control user activity i'e., validating the entered data and throwing back error message(for invalid entries) and then save if valid data is entered.

Regards and thanks for the quick reply

Shanthi

null

Message was edited by:

Shanthi Shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you put this function to run before the save command, this should work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great. Full points were given now.

Thank you very much

Regards

Shanthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by 'linking' planning function to input query?

If you want to execute the function, you can create a command to do so behind an item like button in the design mode in workbook.

If you want, lets say, to run this function while saving data, you should make a button where you execute the command to run this function and then command to save data.

Hope this helps.