Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on SAP CUA.

I wanted to know where the data for CUA is stored in case of roles and profiles

There are two tables i came across

a)USRSYSACTT (has lnaguage as one of the column)

b)USRSYSACT

Which table should be used to check the profiles.

What is difference between the two.

Is the data in both consistent

Best Regards

Manoj

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

If it is user roles & profiles you are talking about, you need to look at tables:

USL04 for roles

USLA04 for profiles

They contain the assignment of role/profile for a user with the recieving system info.

edited to add, the only difference is that one contains data for the assignment of roles in the roles tab & the other contains the same assignment for profiles in the profiles tab.

Not sure what you mean by the data being consistent - each contains the mapping data for the respective functions.

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

I would explain you the scenarion in more detail.

Imagine if there is a SAP CUA setup .

Admin system ==> ADMCLNT800

Child system 1 ==>CH1CLNT800

Child system 2 ==>CH2CLNT800

System ADMCLNT800 has data as

a)role1

b)role2

c)profle1

d)profile2

System CH1CLNT800has data as

a)role3

b)role4

c)profle3

d)profile4

System CH2CLNT800 has data as

a)role5

b)role6

c)profle5

d)profile6

Now each of them will have it own data repository specific to it like user ,profiles,roles.

But i am interested in the CUA data repository ,which i think would be in the admin system containing all the above data in a master place.

Now i am interested in knowing this table.

Please let me know if the scenario is clear.

Best Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

As far as I am aware, the info is in (as you mentioned) USRSYSACT for roles and USRSYSPRF for the profile texts that have been pulled into the central system by the text compare function.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

Just had one more doubt there are two tables for each of them (i.e. for roles and profiles)

for roles

a)USRSYSACT and USRSYSACTT

In USRSYSACT we do not ahve the language field ,in USRSYSACTT we have the language field.

Which table should be used to fetch the data.

One more thing ,the standard BAPI BAPI_GET_USER_HELP_DETAIL returns us the roles and profile .

Does it takes language into consideration while returning the roles and profiles

Best Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

the *TT roles contain the role texts which I assume would cater for different role names in different languages if you are looking at that. Personally I would look at getting data from the base table *T and use another source to read in the role texts but to be honest I can't see it making any real difference unless you have a discrepancy in values between the 2 tables.

I can't help with the BAPI question I'm afraid, why don't you try it out or ask an abaper to look at it. You can look in it yourself via tx SE37 and see if it references field LANGU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Can you take a look at Table ABR_1251.

chumy.

0 Kudos

Hi Chumy

thanks for the reply

I used the se11 transaction and typed the name as ABR_1251

It did not find it.

How should i proceed to find it

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am so sorry manoj,

I meant Table AGR_1251. Go there from TX SE16.

Sorry for the typographic error.

chumy.

0 Kudos

Hi Chumy,

AGR_1251 gives role contents in current environment rather than the CUA assignment details.

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

thats one more thing learnt.

Thanks.

chumy.