cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC connection password with multiple servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Just trying to find out why a restart of J2EE is necessary in the following scenario.

Dev server, only one server process configured. I changed the password of the user in the JDBC connection, no restart required and everything OK(xApp works).

Prd server, 4 server processes configured.

? I changed the password on the JDBC of all 4 servers, I checked my default trace because my xApp wasn't working and requires a restart(from the trace file). In this scenario with more than one server process, when I need to change the password in the future, would it be suffice just to change the password on server0, then restart the J2EE and the password will replicate to all the other servers(server1, server2, server3)?

If someone can just elaborate,

Thanks,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my experience the database pools configuration are common for all servers and configuration should not require a restart. It might be that connections allready in the connection pool will give an error since old pwd is used, but you could probably stop and start the datasource in order to get around this.

In order to be 100% sure, you should change the settings on one server, and the do a cyclic restart (one or more servernode restarted at a time, thereby keeping the cluster up for access from users).

Regards

Dagfinn

Answers (0)