cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transalation of text in Logon Languae in Web dynpro for ABAP iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all techies,

Well i had a small requirement regarding the translation of text on a web dynpro for ABAP screen. where the text on the screen should change accoording to the logon language.As the application on its own is a Z so i can't even find the text in the otr dictionary. how can i add a new entry into tis OTR directory or is there any other way i can have this text according to the logon language.I have big paragraph for which conversion needs to be done.

Also if you have any other option also do let me know tht.

Regards,

Chetan Mane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved using SOTR_EDIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christopher,

I have already tried this but this doesn't work as once u logon to any other language it will change your code or program to the login language and once you maintian there you still can't see tht text.To overcome this problem a feature named as OTR directory has been by the standard.i want to know how i can maintain this dictionary for my Zfields or Ztext.The tarnsction to do this i feel is sotr_edit but i am not really able to make out how things are working here.

Regards,

Chetan Mane

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login using the language you wish to <u>translate too</u>. Then in SE80 in the Webdynpro, change the text parameter for the object/control to the text you need in that language. That should do it.