cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check ( and block) at order and PGI level

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

we are implementing credit managment in ecc 6 for the first time. we are able to configure credit check (and stoping sales order from getting saved) at the order level. but at the PGI level the PGI is going thru even if the credit is less then the order level.

we also need the credit check at the PGI level and PGI should not go thru if the credit limit is exceeded.

my questions are

1. is it possble to have credit check at the order level and PGI level together ?

2. what the is update group used in such a case.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the SAP standard you can have a credit check any one of the following areas

1.sales order 2.delivery 3.PGI

By using T.code OVA8 you can assign these with combination of Credit control arearisk categorycredit group(Ex:1.order 2.delivery3.PGI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use update group 000012...

Former Member
0 Kudos

same here we used update group 00012.

ok more details from my side

how do we test that the credit check is working for both order level and PGI level

the order can be stopped from creating by status create and attaching the 01 to the sales order type.

to do the delivery testing i create the sale order after removining the risk category from the fd32 and then create a sales order.

next reattach the risk category back to the customer and then try to create the delivery and PGI. the PGI goes thru in such case in spite that the previous order created was blocked for the customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please goto SPRO -> Sales and distribution -> Basic Function ->Credit managemnt and Risk Management ->credit managemnent -> Assign Sales doc and delivery doc

Please assign Credit gp for sales Doc type , delivery doc type and GI /

In the above mentioned path.

The pudate gp only inform where during the cycle Credit check should be performed.

Hope this clarify

Please reward if find helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear kaustubha

thanks for the reply

i have done all these and still at the PGI the check fails to stop . althought the check works at the order level but not at PGI level

plz help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. IMG -- SD -- Basic funtions -- credit management/risk mgmt -- credit mgmt -- Define credit groups.

Here confirm that you have

01 - credit group sales order

02 - credit group delivery

03 - credit group for GI

2. IMG -- SD -- Basic funtions -- credit management/risk mgmt -- credit mgmt -- Assign sales document type and delivery document type

Here you have to assign

01 - to the sales order(Ex OR) types

02 - to delivery document type (Ex LF) <b>Dlv credit group</b>

03 - to delivery document type (Ex LF) <b>GI credit group</b>

<u><b>For delivery document type we have to assign to credit group one for Delivry another for PGI</b></u>

3. IMG -- SD -- Basic funtions -- credit management/risk mgmt -- credit mgmt -- Define automatic credit control (OVA8)

Maintain new combination for Your credit control area/risk categry of the customer/03 (GI credt group)

Example : 1000/001/03

maintain static/Dynamic credit check for this combination.

Note : give warning at order level (credit grp 01) and delivery level (credit grp 02)... and give error at PGI level (credit grp 03).....

So that you can see difference easyly

4. FD32 - Maintain credit limit and Risk category(001) for your customer

5. order - delivery - PGI

Try this

Hope your problem will be solved

Let me know if you have any problem

Reward points if helpfull

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One more thing can u please check

In the same path check Automatic Credit control

Assign the Credit control area + Risk category of customer + credit group.

Here please ensure there should be two entry for ur case

That is

Credit control area + risk category of customer + 01

Credit control area + risk category of customer + 02

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the configuration of availability check. Certain setting will prevent quantities being allocated to the order in case of credit limit excess. If quantities can be prevented from being allocated, even the delivery cannot be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is how you can test it--

allow a crete limit of 100 rs.

create an order of 80 rs. -

A

create another order of 50 rs, this shud be bloked. try PGI for the first order, this shud block as well.

in order to do the blocking in PGI, i guess you need to write a routine in VOFM. i guess std functionality does not allow it.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Saurabh and Ghana

thanks for your reply

so are you confirming that the stoppage of order or PGI can happen at only one place ??

plz confirm

we also have reconfirmed that the same thing.

our requirement is that it should happen at both places. plz help

rgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can use it .

Please use update gp 00012