cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawl qty not updating after GI

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have a problem, In project builder after GR of stockable item the material qty is updated in purchase data tab.

But when GI is done withdrawal qty is not updated. Even Commitment qty is not updated whereas actual cost is updated.

Kindly guide me what to do.

Thanks and Regards

Suhel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhel,

The commitment quantity gets updated only after the Availability check is carried against that material. Carry out the check by selecting the particular network, the ngot Edit-->Availability--->Material. Then Availability check will be carried out. This will result in the increase of the Commited qty.

Hope this will help you.

regards

Pratap

0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that after GI the withdrawal qty is not getting updated. I think commitment qty comes into picture only after withdrawal qty.

Could you please guide me in this regard. I would also like to know in customizing from where it is being controlled.

suhel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Committed quantity doesnot come into picture after withdrawl. When you assign a material to project, reservation gets generated. After this when availabilty check is performed, system checks whether this material is available in stock. If it is available then sytem updates commitment quantity, which confirms that we have stock against reservation and go ahead with goods issue.

Whereas withdrawl quantity is updated when goods issue is performed ie goods are withdrawn from storage location.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer helped me understanding the concept.

But my problem is that. After Goods Issue from Project Stock Withdrawal qty is not updated in Project builder. The actual cost is getting updated.

Please guide me what to do, is availibility check is responsible for this?

Regards

suhel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availabilty check is not responsible for this. It is limited to only check whether a particular material is available or not. You should make issue against reservation, then withdrawl quantity will get updated.

Regards

Message was edited by:

Shrikant Rakate

0 Kudos

Dear Shrikant,

Thanks for yor guidance. My problem is solved. Your get full points.

Regards

Suhel

Answers (0)