cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pp gurus!

I have one dougt while creating the repetitve mfg.why are wu using only rate routing for that material.why don't we use normal routing for material.plz explain

Thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

AS Nandha Kumar Pointed out correctly, We can also use normal routing. But the basic difference between a normal routing and a rate routing is,In the case of normal routing,It has complex operations with varying Work centers and In the case of rate routing, it contains only simple operations (max 2) and here the production rate is calculated

Reward Points it Usefull

Regards

Palaniappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rate routings are specially designed for the needs of repetitive manufacturers and can be used instead of standard routings for organizational purposes. You can, however, also use standard routings for repetitive manufacturing.

In repetitive manufacturing, the routing defines the production rate (quantity per time unit) used to produce materials on production lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that repetitive manufacturing is mostly oriented -but not limited - to continuous production , where the capacity is normally expressed in terms of Rate (Pieces/hour or Tons/hour, for example).

In contrast to Discrete or Order Production, where we talk about "Lot Size" and "Cycle Time" , i.e. batch oriented production. That's why in this scenario , in routings you will find Operation or Base quantity, as a Order quantity, instead of a rate.

So, it is about how you want to model your production system, but the boundaries between both scenarios are a little blurred .-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You need a production version for repetitive mfg. Production version can be created by using a rate routing or routing.

It is not mandatory to use rate routings.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even you can use normal routing.

Regards,

nandha