cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working in client place.I suggest source list for them.But the management people needs,how source list help them in their business.My client is a manufacturing company,manufacturing Meters,Relays and Control panels.

The people couldn't even understand blocked and fixed source.

Can anybody suggest me how to overcome this problem?????

Regards

PKB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranaya

I suggest give them DEMO of automatic source determination after source list maintainence

And manully assignment of source on not maintaining source list

U can use Trnx ME57/58/59

also check usefull info given by <b>steve</b> on source list requirement

When we need source lists?

You MUST use source lists if you want to limit the users to ONLY those vendors that are on an approved list of suppliers for a materisl. To do this you MUST set the flag "source list" on the material master, purchasing view. With this set on the users can ONLY raise POs against vemdors in the list (considering the dates and blocking flags on the list also).

So if you want to restrict your users to a fixed list of suppliers then set the flag.

If you do not set the flag then source lists are designed to help establish the correct source during auto source allocation. If there are 5 vendors and you want MRP (for instance) to allocate a vendor automatically you MUST flag the MRP field with the correct setting. Also, if the flag is not set in the material master, the user can seelct ANY vendor regardless of if they are on the source list or not (unless they are on it and blocked)

the dates are useful also, because you can have a preferred source switched to another source for a set date range etc.

So ONLY set the source list flag on the material master if you want the users to ONLY use the sources in the list.

It is also important to point out that the source list is also used by PP because you can use it to indicate which plant should produce it.

Vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Tnx for ur suggestion.John had given a good suggestion.I'll analyse both of ur suggestion and give a final output tpo my client.

Regards

PKB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sourse list can be activated at a) Plant level (IMG Settings) or at b)Material Master.

advantages of Sourc list.

1) if the manager wants to moniter the buyers activities like "he does not want a material to be procured from certain vendor he can use source list to block the vendor.

there by giving better control to the managers.

since u had said the company make electrical relays , panels, meters. Pls check with the client if they are mass producing to the same specs (Repetative manufacturing). or the Make to customer specs. Mostly these industries have Made to order scenerio. there by having lot of changes to the BOM. the create lot of new materials to meet different Sale orders.

These items have to be developed and then the PO made (if this is the case source list will be of less help to the as it would make the business process cumbersome)

Source list is better suited for industries having repetative manufacturing rather to Discreate manufacturing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes my client's all orders are custom specific.Every order 60% is standard and rest 40% is always changing.So it's very difficult to make BOM.In some cases after PO release, some changes needed which is quite difficult to handle.

Tnx for ur suggestion.

Regards

Pranaya