Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have a particular requirement regarding table fields.

1.i have doc type(BLART) in my table as one field and doc type description (LTEXT) as other field. my requirement is in table maintenance generator when i am giving value for BLART and press enter its corresponding document type description should appear in the LTEXT field Space.

also i should get dropdown values for BLART when i press F4 key. how can i do that

regards

srikanth.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi in your table maintenance program while declaring screen filed BLART give master table reference. I mean BLART TYPE T003-BLART. so that F4 will come by default..

For description you have to write logic in maintenece program to fill that field with document type text...

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 ) For this you need to use EVENTS which are present in Maintenance Generator.

Goto Maintenance Generator .

Choose Environment->Modification->events.

You need to use either event 01 or 05 depending on what is the usage.

Here you need to mention a FORM name which can be any name.

When you save it will create a FORM in the FGrp.

You can go to the FG that you entered in the Maintenance Generator and search for this and you need to enter your code here.

Also, in the end after coding activate the Include as well as the Function Grp.( You can also give a break statement in the FORM to check if it's getting triggered.)

This will work in SM30.

2) For this you can proceed as mentioned above by someone here,

Regards

Nishant