cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a negative Incomming Payment to re-instate an Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I believe that we can create a negative incomming Payment to reverse a deposit that has a dishounered cheque. When I do the negative incomming payment it does display the BP balance as being re-instated but when I try to do another incomming Payment for that BP the balance and outstanding amount does not match.

Senario :

AR Invoice $110 $110

incomming Payment $50

Deposit cheque $60

Negative Incomming Payment (PayOnAcc) -$50

Deposit negative Cheque $110

Note the BP Balance is correct ($110) but the Outstanding amount to pay is incorrect ($60)? It should both be ($110)

Kind Regards

Message was edited by:

Marc Riar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adrian,

I am not sure why you chose to do this via Negative Incoming Payment.

The Correct way to do this would be to cancel the deposit. This would reverse the Deposit transaction.

You may cancel the Incoming Payment too if you are not going to re-present the check to the Bank (I mean re deposit the same check). If you do this then the Incoming Payment is Cancelled and the Invoice will be visible in the Incoming Payment window to accept a new payment.

Let me know if you have questions

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Thank you for the response, I do know that this will be the better option but my client doesn't want to cancel the deposit and have the invoices re-instated, he only wishes to have the balance of the BP corrected and then when he captures a new incoming payment which will include the original dishonored amount and new invoices amounts the usual SAP process can be followed.

Regards

Adrian

Answers (0)