Did you mean: 

questions in Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Can any one answer these questions

SAP Solution Manager Overview Key points

- Scope of Solution Managers capabilities

- Work required to implement and configure Solution Manager – i.e. how much is out of box vs. customer/implementation specific?

- How it can be customized

- Reports / metrics that solution manager offers

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is Solution Manager? A platform that provides integrated content, tools and methodologies for implementing, supporting, monitoring, upgrading and operating your enterprise SAP solutions.

My recommendation would be, if you have a chance to attend any of the SAP Solution Manager Seminars www.sapsolutionmanagerseminar.com/ would be the best to do. I am just back from the Amsterdam session. I have mainly worked in SAP Solution Manager projects, but still learned a few things even in areas I have been involved in.

Can you use SAP Solution Manager out of the box without any customizing? No. You need to execute basic customizing and maintain your landsape at the minimum.

For example you have to maintain your landscape. Generate RFC connections, setup up monitoring if required. Configure EWA reports if needed. Service Desk and Change Request Management would be large configurations. There are some reports you can use.

How can it be customized? Check out in transaction SPRO to get some idea, but not everything is in there covered you still need to configure.

There is a SAP Solution Manager book published since this year.

Regards,

Markus