cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a large file through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a query regarding the max size of CSV file that can be passed through my XI.

1) Can I pass a 2GB to 5 Gb file through my XI. If yes how? If no then why and what are the possible solutions?How much time it takes to pass the file on XI3.0.?

2)What is the maximum sixe of file recomended by SAP in case of flat file conversion?

3) If we want to send huge files what have to be done on hardware side?

4) If we have to pass 60,000 records per hour through XI. Is it recomended to have synchronous communication? If not then why and what can be the possible solution for this?

Will appreciate your replies with points.

Regards

Saras Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Can I pass a 2GB to 5 Gb file through my XI. If yes how? If no then why and what are the possible solutions?How much time it takes to pass the file on XI3.0.?

Ans:2GB to 5 Gb file at once ? Not in ur wildest of dreamz. Most probably either ur server will crash and definetly bound to have issues with performance.

Best option is to split the file in smaller chucks.

2)What is the maximum sixe of file recomended by SAP in case of flat file conversion?

Ans: Around 20 MB MAX... as recomended by sap

3) If we want to send huge files what have to be done on hardware side?

Ans: Sizing of hardware will do depend on host of factors.... basis consultant might help you better in this regard. Though a sizing till quick sizer is provided by sap it will still give round abt figures.

With ur requirement seemz it will require a phenomenal sizing...

4) If we have to pass 60,000 records per hour through XI. Is it recomended to have synchronous communication? If not then why and what can be the possible

solution for this?

Ans: As far as Possible avoid synchronous communication *sap recommends*. 60,000 records.....in 60 mins no way.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if this helps

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

regards

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Can I pass a 2GB to 5 Gb file through my XI

Dont even try this. Your XI server Java stack is gonna restart for sure.

>>If no then why and what are the possible solutions?

If you dont have any business logic involved, then the soln will be simple, execute a script file that will cut your file into smaller files and then process the smaller files via XI.

>>2)What is the maximum sixe of file recomended by SAP in case of flat file conversion?

Don't know the actual figures by SAP, but from my experience I would ask you not to go for a value more than 5MB. I have seen flat files of size around 10MB taking hours to process.

>>If we want to send huge files what have to be done on hardware side?

Use quick sizer available in service arket place to find the required hard ware sizing.

>>4) If we have to pass 60,000 records per hour through XI. Is it recomended to have synchronous communication? If not then why and what can be the possible solution for this?

Try to avoid synch msgs and use asynch msgs as far as possible. If the message size is so small try to club them together and send as message with an average sixe of 2MB.

Regards,

Jai Shankar