cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIST CUBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

i have a query regarding 'LISTCUBE' can u tell me what actually a listcube means and when it is used..i wanna to know the scenario when it is actually needed ..thanking you in advance good answer would be appreciated

Best regards

sreenivas reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapuser

with LISTCUBE transaction you can check data for any infoprovider. it may cube,ods,MP,infoset or char. so you need not to navigate in RSA1 if you know the object name,just directly you can see it in listcube.

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

List cube is used to get the data stored in the infocube directly. Otherwise we need to go in manage screen of the cube and to click on contents and then selection options. But while using listcube we can directly go to the selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It is possible that you get different data if you have compressed some data, because then data will move from the F table to the E table.

It is better to go through LISTCUBE because in the F table you can only see the key figure values along with DIM ids and SIDs.

if helpful provide points

regards

harikrishna N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The LISTCUBE transaction is helpful if you want to look at the cube's data. If you go to manage the cube from RSA1, it will also have the SIDs checked which you'll have to uncheck manually one by one which you can avoid in LISTCUBE.