cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating multiple entries into IW21 items frm a TREE struc thru ActionBox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

<b>( PM, IW21, Action Box, Tree structure from Z table with check box, how to populate multiple entries)</b>

We have a requirement to have an <b>ACTION BOX in IW21</b> while notification creation. In assigning catalog codes in the notification, instead of assigning any combination we would like to choose the pre-defined combination (object, failure and damage code) from a Z table. For this we have to provide a <b>TREE structure with check boxes</b> through action box. Here user can select multiple entries and those should be populated back in the IW21 transaction. <b>Can anyone suggest me how to get the tree structure with check boxes against all the entries and how to populate the multiple entries in the IW21 ?</b>

This is the most critical object to be done asap.

So here I have issues <b>1) How to get the tree structure with check boxes

2) how to populate the multiple entries in IW21 Items list</b>

any resp will be appresiated.

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the class CL_GUI_TREE_MODEL. It is fairly straightforward. Let me know if you have any questions.

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Yeah, I have come across this Class along with other simple and column classes. the thing is I am unable to get the right information on how to get the check box in output and how to read those selected records. May be bcoz I am not good in OOPs, but i am definately eager to write that code. Can you please provide me some code for that. I am desperately looking for that. that would be great help.

thank you so much.

srithatn

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reposted the similar one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldnot find any Badi which is useful to this. There are only 4 available which are not useful to this requirement. Can anyone please confirm me whether or not we can populate <b>the item values as well as Long Text in iw21 using Action Box</b>

Thanks

Srithan

*****USEFUL ANS WILL BE REWARDED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs please?

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still looking for inputs....if someone can help me out in finding the exits to populate the details from action box into IW21.

Thanks

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you just want to select multiple codes from the catalog, you can use FM QPK1_GP_CODE_SELECTION with an appropriate catalog type. As far as creating the items. If you are creating a notification from scratch, which I dont think you would do from an action box, you can use IQS4_CREATE_NOTIFICATION. If you just want to add items, you can use the FM IQS0_CREATE_VIQMFE.

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert.

Thank you for useful reply.

I havent checked it but I do as soon as go to office 2maro. Can you please let me know if you have any idea of programs or FMs to display checkbox in the TREE list ?

thanks

srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Can you please confirm me whether we can create a notification (iw21) using ActionBox or not ?

Actually I am using Action box only to select codes( object, cause and damage) and then I have to populate them in iw21 once we come out of Action Box.

Can anyone please confirm me whether this is possible or not, coz I am not able to find proper user-exit for this.

Thanks

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give me some information on how to create a tree list with check box for each row ?

Regards

Srithan