cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID adoption and growth prospects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for information dealing with the current state of adoption and growth prospects of rfid.

Does anybody know where I can find free papers and research results?

Regards,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>RFID Adoption </b>(RFID Now)

RFID DEVICES are beginning to replace magnetic-stripe security cards for unlocking doors and granting access to secured areas—especially at facilities with special security needs, such as military installations.

The most visible use of RFID, though, is probably the automatic toll payment systems that rely on readers at toll plazas to scan tags attached to the windshields of passing cars. The reader records the tag’s ID and then deducts money from a prepaid account. These

systems are designed to allow cars to zip through toll plazas ideally without stopping or even slowing down very much .Known as E- ZPass in New York, New Jersey, Delaware and other states, as FasTrak in California, and by different names elsewhere, RFID-based automatic

toll systems have been operating for several years.

<b>RFID Growth Prospects</b>(RFID FUTURE)

Why the RFID market is set to expand rapidly

1.Auto-ID Center at MIT produced standards: EPC, Air-protocol, Savant, ONS.

2.Cost of tags is dropping rapidly

3.The coming RFID tsunami is real and it has two mega-sized supply buyers written all over it: Wal-Mart and the DoD.

Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, and the US Dept of Defense (DOD), are two powerful entities that have launched initiatives to implement RFID in their logistics operations, motivated by their needs to cut costs and streamline their supply chain in their organizations.

Wal-Mart has mandated that its top 100 suppliers adopt RFID for palettes and

cases by January 2005.

4.In the coming years, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) could have a major impact on any enterprise involved in the production, movement, or sale of physical goods. RFID's unique attributes will enable new applications and radical changes to business practices. RFID technology is a powerful Auto ID solution that can significantly increase efficiency and productivity. Implementing an RFID solution requires a thorough understanding of the capabilities and limitations of this emerging technology.

So the future is absolutely very bright.

I have a very good document supporting this .You could give me your email.

You can also write to me on pawan.khilari@wipro.com

thanks and regards

Pawan P.Khilari

*Mark helpful answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I'm not sure you're still interested in this, but here are some surveys:

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/675/1/1/

Cheers,

Steve

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dirk,

you may check pages like

rfid journal

http://www.rfidjournal.com/

also www.rfidupdate.com

I don't think it's good to go to rfid vendor pages:)

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thank you for your reply. I've already visited the pages you mentioned - unfortunatelly i haven't found good surveys yet.

Regards,

Dirk