cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT FI-MM INTEGRATION IN DETAIL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT FI-MM INTEGRATION IN DETAIL.

Urgents

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mahesh,

i am having presentation for this. pl mail me to kannanm75@yahoo.com

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the first thread of this forum.There is documentation on MM-FI and MM-SD integration.

I have pasted links for you

MM FI Integration

MM-SD Integration

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/link-between-sap-sd-mm-and-fi.htm

Regards

Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You asked such a big thing but want in details!!

Well, typically FI and MM starts integration from the organisation structure definition itself. Company Code defined in FI is assigned with the Plants. The company code is assigned with a chart of accounts. Each plant is assigned to a valuation grouping code. A valuation grouping code may have more than one plant assigned to itself. If you take an inventory transaction, say gR with reference to a purchase order:

In MIGO, you will start doing this. From the PO, it calls the material# and plant into MIGO. So, system knows the material number with plant; these details will be used to find the valuation class of the material. From the plant, system finds the company code and chart of accounts. The plant also tells the valuation grouping code. (of course, some ridiculous configuration to say define valuation area either a company code level or plant level... but in my 15 projects of implementation so far, I have never seen a single project using company code as valuation area). Now, system checks what the movement type is, the stock type (quality or blocked etc), special stock if any involved in the transaction (subcontracting vendor provided materials or consignment stock etc), if it is related to stock transfer etc. Then material type used for setting the material master is also looked at in the configuration of attributes of material types in the plant level configuation to figure out if it is value and quantity updated. From these values, it goes to configuration in account determination in MM:Define Account Grouping for Movement Types

From this table, with corresponding entries as explained above, it searches for the matching row (101, value update, quantity update, stock material, purchase ord ref, no sto, etc...and finds the value string and account modifier. Keeping these values aside, it goes to OMWB to find what is the valuation grouping code assigned to the plant. With these values, it goes to OBYC for appropriate stock posting, say BSX key for inventory posting and WRX for GR/IR clearing account determination.

This is a tip of the ice berg, I can explain here for the broad question on FI and MM integration....

Now, you can start devoting your time for exploring the ocean of SAP. With these inputs, you can explore yourself to understand better about the integration of FI and MM.

If it helps, reward points!!

Regards