cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Enforcer user/requestor/manager details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the details that default in for a user, requestor and manager. I'm in the process of implementing AE 5.2 and have set up the authentication source, search source and user detail source to my client's SAP HR system.

Testing shows me that this seems to work fine as I can authenticate as a requestor, get to the request page and it defaults in my user ID, first name last name and uses the HR org structure to default in the manager first name and last name.

However, it does not default in the email address of the user/requestor (I'm requesting access for myself) or my manager. Isn't this field critical for AE to determine where to dispatch the email to notify the manager that a request is pending their approval and to then notify the requestor when the request has been approved/rejected? Is AE even meant to default this in or is it left as free-text on purpose? Where is AE looking for this information from SAP HR, within the UMR or the employee record?

I'm confused, as when I change the details source to the UME and search for the manager AE will populate the email address. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alexi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure that the personnel records have IT0105 Subtype 0010 maintained. That is the IT and Subtype that is checked for email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael.

I will check this and let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,

Alexi

Answers (0)