Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Functionality

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Please let me know how can i use the EWM functionality with an SAP ECC 6.0 System running standard warehouse .Can i configure the warehouse in ECC 6.0 and the take the functionalities like Slotting,Environment,Health and Safety (EHS) and TRM (Task and Resource management) from EWM (SCM 5.0).

your comments and advise will be appreciated .

Regards

Albert.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Albert, Task and Resource management is an integral part of ECC6 (available already in 4.7 ext110). SCM5.0 WM functionality is designed for high volumed warehouses, nevertheless, does not include the TRM functionality as a whole but some aspects of it. Starting from release 4.7 ext200 SAP has enabled cross-docking, value added and yard management, this offering is also considered as extended warehouse management and naturally can be utilized as an integral part of your solution. SCM5.0 EWM functionality is completely detouched from your ECC6 package, integration is feasibile but, to my opinion, not practial for your needs. Ziv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to Ziv's comments, EWM is mainly useful for large warehouses, where we separate the WMS system with R/3, so as to enhance the functionalities and speedup the deliveries and the performance too.

In ECC 6.0 you call the WM module as EWM, either you can configure Central or Decentral based upon your business requirements.

Please refer to the Asug.com, for the webcast series on EWM, recently, we have given 2nd Demo, and third one will be on 6th of Nov.

As far as Warehouse configuration is concerned, in R/3, you only define the warehouse no., you won't define anything else, rest of the things you need to map in SCM 5.0 or 5.1

I hope it helps you.

Aktar

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Aktar,

I really appreciate your response.Let me be honest about the scenario here at my client place.My client business process is not mature enough to use the functionalities of Extended warehouse management like TRM,VAS and Slotting .They have got ECC 6.0 and SCM 5.0 . To be honest i have good experience in Full Warehouse management .

So i would like to know if i can use the Full Warehouse management from ECC 6.0 and in future use few of the functionalities like slotting from EWM (SCM 5.0) when my clent business process is mature enough to handle it .

Your comments and advise will be appreciated

Regards

Albert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

That's a good idea. But, before you do it, study the business processes which are involved currently, and you need to check whether you can map all the scenarios in WM (R/3 - ECC 6.0), or do you need to adapt EWM to meet the business requirement.

By the way, what is your client business.

Hope it helps you.

Aktar

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhtar ,

Sorry for late response , below is the complete scenario they have right now

Here is the complete scenario .....

<b>W1 </b>-- Warehouse1 which has Supplies and Pharma

<b>W2</b> -- Warehouse 2 which has Supplies and Equipments

<b>W3</b> -- Warehouse 3 has Pharma only

W1 and W3 are in one Physical structure with partition

W2 is across the road...

1. Supplies move from W2 to W1 when supplies go low in warehouse 1 (W1) this is done almost daily .

2. Supplies from W1 are moved to W2 if there is any overflow or supplies come in excess which happens few times a week.

3. We have 3 shipment points where they perform shipping and receiving each for W1,W2 and W3.

4. we have 6 staging spots for staging of international shipments on W1

and we have about 10 staging spots in W2 ....We need to know the exat location of where the shipping pallet is located for compliance purpose (Inspection )

5. Most of the receiving is done in W1 (about 85 %) where it is inspected , arranged and then put away is done accordingly ....

If the shipment contains only equipments or Beds then its received in W2.

6. When there is an overflow of Pharma in W1 then some of the supplies in W1 are removed and put in W2 so that they get space for Pharma storage .....

7. Warehouse 3 (W3) has high value Pharma, basically used for domestic shipments (in US) or the pharma products which dont have space in W1.

8.. Moving of Pharma products for storage from W3 to W1 happens rarely;

9. Moving from W1 to W3 happens almost daily ..cause when ever the products get over in W3 then they move it from W1.

10. Picking for international shipments takes place from W3 and W1 and are shipped from W1 in big Pallets.

11. When they receive the product in Big pallets in W1 some pharma products go to W1 and some in W3 , depending on the value .

12. Some times the domestic Shipments are in large quantity so its taken from W3 to W1 and staged for shipment in W1.

13. Domestic (within US) shipments is done through Fed Ex ....which is done daily ....

Looking into it i have made three storage types so that transfer is simple.

They are looking for <b>Slotting, VAS,TRM and Yard management</b>.

for future...i am tenced if i set up every thing in ECC 6.0 . will i be able to use the above functionalities from EWM (SCM 6.0) in future ...how flexible will it be ...or should i go for all config in EWM..and dont touch ECC 6.0 for WM. Cause SCM 6.0 is a separate Box and to be honest this will be my first EWM implimentation. Their business is not mature enough to handle all functionalities.

Please advise me .....what will be the right way to go for such situations.....

Your comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards

Albert