cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/ L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a raw material and now when I am entering it in the PO form, the system asks me to enter a G/ L account. When I chose a given G/L number it gives me errors, "G/L Account not create, please check your input" can someone please help me how to resolve this....Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GL accounts are created and then extended tochart of a/c and the company codes. In your case since you r making a PO and entering the GL A/C, it says the GL A/C is not available.

The possible the GL a/c is not extendeded to your company code from the chart of A/c this can be done thro FSS0,

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.Did you try to create the PO for an acct assignment?.Then you have to enter the Gl acct for the respective acct assgnment category like cost center, sales order, or asset etc.,.

2.If not check the accounting view of the Material master. valuation class has to be maintained in that view. Check your settings in the Material type roh in Tcode OMS2. If acct category ref is not maintained in the IMG, then Valuation class in the Material master data is blank. Check the valuation and acct determination?. Configure automatic postings? by the TCode OBYC.If all the above said details are maintained then system will noy ask for GL accts?.

3. You can check the GL accts by Tcode FS00.

Hope the above said will clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all your information was not complete. Anyway, with the given details, I presume you would like to purchase Raw Material for stock. In which case, you don't require a G/L account, if at all you want to purchase for stock. Still, system looks at accounting view whether you maintained or not for the plant that you are creating the PO for. So, see whether you have maintained material master for the plant to verify if accounting view is maintained or not. If not, go ahead and maintain. Then, you would not be asked to enter the G/L account at all unless you would like to purchase it for some account assignment object.

If you are really interested in purchasing your raw material for an account asignment, verify the G/L account whether created for the company code you are trying to create the PO for. You may verify in FS03.

Post your findings back. If you could process PO with these inputs, reward points..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

that G/L account doesnot exists.choose existing G/L

Rgds

raja