Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any sample codes ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blake,

I am trying to implement ovs for a field in my feeder class.

If u have implemented ovs in a powl, just explain me that.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Arun ,

Welcome to SAP world .

for if_powl_ovs , it's a interface class . in the feeder class , if you want the search criteria to be some customized online value list which is not included in DDIC , you will have to create a class implemented the interface if_powl_ovs .

in the if_powl_ovs , there are 4 methods that you have to implemented some of them .

HANDLE_PHASE_0 can help you make some configuration for the intenral variables , like the value you will get from other function module .

HANDLE_PHASE_1 is for input structure and in HANDLE_PHASE_2 you can set output table .

HANDLE_PHASE_3 is for return value for the selection , you can set the value like the following code .

i_ovs_callback->context_element->set_attribute( name = 'LOW' value = l_value ).

Don't hesistate to ask me if there are still further questions .

Best regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi blake,

I have coded in the phases as we do in the webdynpro, but i didn't get the desired result.

if u have any sample code for phase 2 and phase three just pass on to me, which will b of gr8 use to me.

As per my design, i have to implement this ovs for a drop down.

Whether ovs will be helpful in this scenario? If not what is the alternate for this?

I will explain my scenario in detail.

I have two fields, the second field should be filtered according to the first field data(both r drop down).

when v run the application, all the data will be there in the 2 drop down, now the problem is if i select one data in the first drop down control will not go to the feeder class selection criteria method.

So i have to acheive this functionality in a different way. i thought ovs is the right option. If u can provide me any other way, that will solve my problem....

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I have not met the 2 dropdown list problem , but one of my colleague has met such problem , you can write an e-mail to him to ask about that , his e-mail address is jaddy.zhang@sap.com .

for phase 3 , I've given you some sample code , for phase 2 ,you can write code like :

DATA : lt_label_texts TYPE wdr_name_value_list.

DATA : ls_label_text LIKE LINE OF lt_label_texts.

DATA : l_column_texts TYPE wdr_name_value_list.

DATA lt_output LIKE STANDARD TABLE OF ls_output WITH DEFAULT KEY.

LOOP AT ... INTO ....

ls_label_text-name =

ls_label_text-value =

APPEND ls_label_text TO lt_label_texts.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING ... TO ls_output.

APPEND ls_output TO lt_output.

ENDLOOP.

CALL METHOD i_ovs_callback->set_output_table

EXPORTING

output = lt_output

table_header = l_table_header

column_texts = l_column_texts.