Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timestamp error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the problem is this

when i try to make multiple inserts in a table, the column type TIMESTAMP (default value TIMESTAMP)

not registry an rigth date;

but whit single insert any time work others not

registry this date

0079/23/10 12:00:00

i recreate the column, but nothing

how fix this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately nobody answered and for me, too, it is hard to understand what is meant and what may have happened.

You created a table like this

col TIMESTAMP DEFAULT TIMESTAMP,

and you did and insert like this

INSERT ... VALUES (..., DEFAULT, ...)

or you specified a list of columns (exclusive col) and therefore the default is used.

Is this correct?

This worked correct and the timestamp-value looked fine?

But then you tried the same with an array-insert/multiple-insert and your timestamp-value looked as horrorable as you wrote, with a year 0079 ???

And all date values look the same?

Looking the same may be ok, depending on the speed of your machine and the number of rows inserted which may be inserted within one second. The microseconds are not shown in the format you use.

In case there is really such 0079 used, then please tell us the version 7.6.0?.?? of the database kernel, the client you are using and how you are using it.

On the other hand, the format of timestamp-output is none of the pre-defined formats and I have no idea, how you prepared this.

In the end I can only say, that without knowing a little bit more about your timestamp-handling (inserting or selecting), the used date_and_time_format or the used client, noone will have a real chance to answer your question.

Elke