cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices Performance impact Vs. JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are about to begin development and we are evaluating about developing with Webservices in the Back End following this instructions

/people/sridhar.k2/blog/2006/09/12/creating-and-exposing-bapi-as-web-service-and-using-it-in-web-dynpro

or using JCo, one of the issues we are worried about is performance, has some one messured the Performance degradation from using Webservices instead of JCo?

Kind Regards!

Gerardo J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GonzaloMejia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was just looking for the same information. I was in kind of the same trouble as you.

Exactly, according to what I managed to find, which is not much, about performance, rfc is better, but it involves more time in development.

The article which the other contributor refers to is :

u201CWeb services or RFCs u2014 choosing the right technology for your SAP integration challengesu201D by Prof. Dr. Willi Nüßer, May 15, 2006, available in SAP Professional Journal.

Unfortunately, I have no access to this source. If you would have further information about this topic, I would appreciate a lot if you could refer it to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I found a document that states that Webdynpro is slower than JCo and gave some recommendations on when to use each, don´t have it at hand but it was like 1 to 10 (and get worse when increasing the load) the difference between JCo been faster than Webservice, but Webservice is recomended for some scenarios and JCo for others as well.

Edited by: Gerardo Jiménez on Dec 10, 2010 12:44 PM