Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

I have a basic doubt....

does the warehouse with rf interface facility with sap have goods/materials equipped with RFID tags or whether the goods can be tagged with simple bar codes which can be scanned by rf devices?

does it mean that the warehouse which procures the rf facility needs to have rfid tagged to its goods ? or if it can simply have the bar codes to the goods and scan them with rf devices for acquiring the information.

one more question:

do we scan the goods/ materials(which have bar codes on them!!! not the rfid tags) coming in and going out of the warehouse with rf devices with out the line of sight?i mean unlike the barcode reading device.

for example, If a material comes into the warehouse(Materials which has barcodes on it not rfid tags!!), will the RF device auotomatically know that it has come in or do we need to scan it seperately.

regards

kxd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFID is different from RF devices (scanners).

RF Devices: You need to have the barcodes for each and every materials to receive or to issue the stock from and into the warehouse. You can have the SAP interface or u can use the third party interface.

RFID: All the materials has to be tagged first, so as to do any kind of goods movements. You can use different types of RFID scanners based on the range of scanners or you will fix the scanners at the doors so that....when a vehicle or a fork lift carries the goods, automatically scanner gets all the information related to pallets, material information etc. and will be pass on to SAP.

Hope it helps you.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

akhtar,

thanks a ton!!! but, I still have one doubt..Do the companies implementing wm and integrating wm with rf use bar codes to tag their goods?Pl. confirm. ur answer really helped me to understand the concept...thanks again.

regards

kxd